Friday, September 14, 2012

Comfort











My card today is going to be linked to the new Christian Challenge Blog, Twist of Faith. The inspiration for this week was to create a card that spoke of COMFORT. I have had some fearful times in my life, and this particular verse in the Psalms reminds me who I need to trust. The one who is forever trustworthy, God.

The majority of the papers are from different companies. The base of the card and frame of the sentiment is SU's Very Vanilla #101650. The ribbon is SU's Summer Starfruit #126846, which I love. It is so soft , not only in color but in feel. You can tie a bow so easily with it. The edge is cut with SU's Finishing Touches Edgelits #127010

Why not hop over to Twist of Faith, gather some inspiration from the great team of designers and post a card.

Have a blessed and CRAFTY weekend! BernieB
*SU is the abbreviation for , Stampin' Up!

Card redo below



I don't know what I was thinking when I created this card. Probably wasn't! The blue roses on the original are a terrible match. Today I removed those and replacerd them with some off white ones sprayed with  gold glitter mist. I am much happier with this outcome. WEhat do you think?

7 comments:

Helen Dooley said...

This is a great card. Perfect scripture to use. Thanks so much for playing along on Twist of Faith.

Jenée said...

Super wonderful verse on a delightful card. Perfect card to give comfort in all kinds of situtions. I really like it. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Twist of Faith. We hope to see you again. Blessings.

grandmabonnie said...

Bernadette, truly a beautiful card and message! Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith!

Anne-Marie said...

Hi, Bernadette (one of my favourite names!), I think you are so right to have changed up the colour of the roses. I liked the original, but this warmer colour does so much more for your gorgeous creation....and you chose something wonderful from the Psalms, so that's always going to be a winner for me...hahaa! I love your pretty layout and the colours you chose, too....thanks so much for mentioning our new challenge blog, and for joining in the fun....good luck! Anne-Marie from TOF x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Love the colors you used, the quote,and these stunning die cut....thanks for your comments in Karen Blog about my picts,,,,,so feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff,,,e-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com.

Pauline said...

Beautiful creation Bernadette! I love your colours and composition, and your scripture is so comforting! Thanks for sharing at Twist of Faith!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Adrienne Perkins said...

I'm thinking afraid and anxious are one in the same at this point in my life..LOL I like the card, not sure if I'd use these colors but you know me ;) <3 you!!