Saturday, June 9, 2012

Back Home!

We just arrived home early last evening from our 8 day trip to Florida with family. All of my 7 children , some of their spouses. Mike , Danielles husband, is state coordinator for the Victory Campaign in NC. His days are long and his weekends full. We deasrly missed you , Mike. Morgyn , our oldest GD is in Okinawa, Japan serving in the Marines. We MISSED your beautiful face and your sense of humor, Morg. Four of my 6 grand children were able to come to Sarasota, Fl. also.The house we rented was a wonderful blessing to all of us. It was located in a quiet neighborhood on a half acre lot, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and a pool. Some of my children stayed at my daughter Adrienne's home in Sarasota since we didn't have quite enough room for all of us (15 total).

 On Saturday we attended my grand daughter Madysonn's HS graduation then went out to her favorite restaurant, Goodfellow's, for some great pizza and salads. Although the weather wasn't completely cooperative, the days were filled with sleeping in, eating, going to the beach, EATING, games, swimming in the pool, just hanging out together and reconnecting, and did I mention EATING! Sunday we attended a wonderful church service at my daughter's church, Restoration Fellowship and then prepared the goodies for Mady's graduation party in the church fellowship hall that afternoon.

I am so blessed that the Lord was with us through the trip and all of us made it back to our homes safely. Below are just a few of the many pictures taken while we were there. I need to send my kiddos an email and have them send along their photos so I can make a slide show for myself.


Shelby Botanical Gardens
Steve and Joel my youngest son



Lauren, Jared and me

Adrienne and my DIL Susan
Adrienne and Joel
Matt and his little son , Evan




Steve and I dropped Danielle off at the Tampa airport on Tuesday then headed to, Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell. My Mom passed away in September and was buried next to my Dad. I wasn't able to go until this trip to pay my respects and see the new stone that they set marking their grave. Seeing this made everything seem so final.  I am blessed, though, that they knew the Lord as their saviour and I will see them again someday.


Have a wonderful and crafty weekend! BernieB

No comments: