Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Deconstructed Sketch#51


Here is the first of the two cards I designed for the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge#51. I used Jen's sketch and Word Art Wednesday's scripture verse of the week for this card. This is a little more "formal" while the second has a touch of whimsy. I found this sketch really fun to work with and will probably use it again. I hope all of you will have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day. This will be my first one to be celebrating without my Mom. I'm a little sad, but know she is enjoying her time with Jesus!

RECIPE
Papers - Bazzill / Echo Park -This and That 6x6 pad
Ribbon from ribbon box
Spellbinders circle die/ek border punch
Cuttlebug Swirls folder
Heidi Swap - jewels
Decorative brad - Echo Park
hot glue/foam dots



RECIPE

Paper - Bazzill/ Simple Stories - Fabulous
Sentiment - SU
Scallop Border - Taylored Expressions die
Spellbinders circle die
Lime Twist bakers yarn
Expression for flower
Webster's  Pages  - Whimsies for flower center
glue dots

*These cards will be linked to the following sites*


4 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Bernadetee: These cards are just so very pretty. You are blessed with the gift of creativity, and I just love how you use that gift to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. I also completely understand how you are feeling about your Mom, and I know how you must be missing her terribly right now. But from the little bit I've gotten to know you, Bernadette, I can tell that your Mom must have been very special to have raised such a sweet and loving daughter like you. Her beauty shines now through your art, and through your love for the Lord. She lives through you, and forever in His arms. Thanks for being such a blessing!
Hugs,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Bernadette, what beautiful cards you've made. You always seem to know the perfect color combination and just the right elements. I like the verse you chose, another one of God's promises to help in time of need. Every day, I think I am more dependent on him than I was the day before. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. What a joy to know she is with her Savior. Thanks for linking this to Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

Jennifer Shults said...

Oh wow! These are fabulous. I love your layering on both of these gorgeous card! That second one is my fave though... just so perfect! Thanks for using this week's Deconstructed Sketch! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

These are quite beautiful! Great use of the sketch -- thanks for playing!