Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Birds of the Air


I have been wanting to make a card since I discovered the copy of this print over at Abby's (Little Birdie Blessings ) Pinterest site. She told me that it came from the archives of a NY library. I just loved the bluebirds and knew I had to use the verse in Matthew 6. I love how the word reminds us that he not only takes care of the birds, but more importantly, promises to take care of us. He supplies all that we need and we need not worry. We serve a good God!
 Although I am not extremely happy with the outcome of this card, I decided not to take it apart and do it again.  

RECIPE
Papers - Bazzill solids; MME/Stella Rose
Computer generated scripture
Spellbinder #8 die and Edgeabilities - Classic Bracket
 Ribbon from my ribbon box
Leaf stick pins
Kaiser copper pearls
Recollections Blue Rose

*This card will be linked to the following sites*



Thanks for stopping by. Bernadette




3 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW, Bernadette! This is SO pretty. I love the color combo on this one, and I am SO grateful to you for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday in this week's challenge. What a blessing to have you play along. I hope you're having a blessed week, and I hope to see you again next week.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Well I'm glad you didn't take it apart, it looks like a masterpiece to me. It really is a perfect image with the verse you chose. I love verses about the birds and God's care of us. My artist friend just painted a sparrow on my mantle and I've asked another friend to letter a verse to go with it. I'll share it on my blog when it's done. Thanks for linking this to Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

Shoregirl said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card! I love the colors you used and all the pretty elements besides!
Thanks for visiting my blog and for the nice comments you left!