Friday, February 17, 2012

Birthday Card / REDO


I just redid this card today. I wasn't happy with the final results. I do that quite often. I leave the card out that I'm not happy with and look at for days sometimes! Then I go ahead and add just a little something and it seems to make me happy... Case in point, this birthday card. I should have embossed the oval  but I could not remove it without damaging the layer underneath, hence, the pearls were added. I'm much happier with it. Thanks for reading my rambling...BernieB
ORIGINAL CARD

This card was made for my daughter Stephanie who will be celebrating her birthday at the end of the month. I used the TE#152 sketch for the layout and all the papers are from the May 2011 Key Ingredient Kit.This paper is so cheerful and I have used it on several cards recently.

RECIPE
Oval Scallop Nestabilities
Butterfly-Taylor's Tiny Toppers die
Flower-Taylor's Friendship Blooms die
Stamp-TCP Birthday set
Glossy Accents on butterfly

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! BernieB

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a cute card! It is very cheerful and I especially like the butterfly - I LOVE butterflies!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my card too. It was a fun sketch, wasn't it? I looked around your blog and you have some very pretty cards. I just became a follower. :)

Tracy said...

Hee-hee! I thought I was the only one that re-did cards. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. :) Love, love, love what you've done with Taylor's latest sketch. This will no doubt put a smile on the birthday recipient's face. It did mine! Thank you for playing along with TESC!
Hugs,
Tracy

craftymrs said...

What a pretty card! I'm glad you're pleased with it because I wouldn't change a thing.