Monday, March 21, 2011

The Promise of Spring


I made this card for the Taylored Expressions Grand Opening challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. The papers were from my KIK for March, My Minds Eye Stella Rose-Gertie, Bazzill solids, Buttercream solid. I used Rose ribbon trim (unknown source), clear embossing powder on the butterfly, MS border punch, foam square pop dots.


I did several things on this card that are a little out of my comfort zone and techniques I don't use often.

*Cutting around an image. I have tried it several times without to much success, so I usually stay away from it, but really thought it would make more of an impact on the card. I'm not totally thrilled with the outcome, but went with it anyway. I think practice is the answer. DUH...

*Using embossing powders. I've tried several different times using this "magic stuff", but was not to successful other then getting it all over, over heating it, or not getting the image completely covered. Another technique that needs more practice time.

*Using the Nestabilities Dies. I only have 3 sets, but hesitate using them. I love the look, but seem to have trouble lining up the image under the die. Practice, practice, practice!

Thanks for stopping by. Constructive criticism is welcome. Hugs, ~B~

1 comment:

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a pretty card! The color palette goes so well together with the textures. Oh, that rose ribbon, to die for!