Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ladybug,Ladybug...


I made this card today to send along to a friend who is a little under the weather. It is my first time taking part in the Clean and Simple sketch challenge 100. I am loving that site. I have been finding out that I am a clean and simple card maker. I occasionally enjoy doing a little more to a card, but it is really out of my comfort zone. I tend to add too much and wind up not liking the card most of the time. The simple designs are still the hardest and I will have to work at better color combos, but I will continue to give it a "college try".

RECIPE

Papers: GP white, Bazzill red, Scribble Scrabble-Rockin Robin
Michael's Ribbon-Go with the Grain
Pop dots, Foam squares
PTI- sentiment
Inks- Versa Fine black, ColorBox pigment-Dune
Cricut- LacyLabel cartridge
The sweet digi image was a freebie from Bugaboo Stamps
 several months ago. You might want to get over there before the end of the month. Jodi is having a BIG moving sale. Her images are adorable and funny.
Thanks for looking and have a blessed weekend! ~B~
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Those Clean and Simple sketches are always such good fun! I love your card - especially the way your dotty dp echoes the dotty ribbon and the ladybug in your image.

Loraine Arderne said...

Really cute little bug in a jar! Love your co-ordination with the spotty paper and spotty ribbon around the jar.

Natasha said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along!