Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Day, another Mother's Day Card

It seems that is all I have made recently! But with a Mom, MIL, daughter and DIL needing to be remembered I had to get them done. This sketch is CPS 164 which I am very late getting out!

This sentiment is from Sugar Creek Hollow.  Don't forget to hop over there this Friday. Tracy has some beautiful and fun releases in store.

I made this a monochromatic card. Not something I have done before. All the papers are from a paper pack called, RELAXED. This has a nice assortment of colors and embossed papers. The ribbon is something I bought at Micheals over a year ago, MS edge punch, the lavender pearls are by Recollections, base paper is GP.I lightly sanded the edges of all the papers. This paper is white core, so it really distressed up nicely.

Of course, after I had the card all assembled, I was bemoaning  the fact that I hadn't done something with the corners of the sentiment. A fancy little corner punch would have added a little more interest. Oh well, slowly by surely my cards will evolve... Have a wonderful and blessed day! ~B~

1 comment:

Dani said...

I love this card! Purple is my favorite color!