Sunday, April 25, 2010

Some "Care Cards"

I made up this card today using the 365 sketch#56. I have been wanting to use this wonderful Bee digi image from Sugar Creek Hollow since I did my first card using it a few days ago. I colored the bee image and some of the flowers and leaves with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. The papers used were Couture card stock (Sunflower Seeds), patterned paper, Crate Paper Brook, Bazzill, and GP white for the base. Copper Pearls by Queen & Co. The bottem edge was done with a MS punch, the sentiment is SU sponged with Color Box dark brown chalk ink and raised with pop dots.I also distressed the Bee image with the same ink.

I am going to make 2 more similar cards for two other friends who are undergoing chemo treatments. I like to send them a card at least once a month just to let them know I am thinking about them and praying for Gods grace while they go through this time.

6 comments:

annieambriel said...

this card is lovely... clever to use the dots.. that looks like beehives.. congrats on your outing as GD .so wonderful of you to use your gift to cheer others.. :).. have a great week ahead.

Cheri Howard said...

Beautiful card, Bernie, and welcome to the team this month - I can't wait to see what you make!

~amy~ said...

Ohhh, I love it!!!

Donna Moore said...

What a lovely card! don't you just love this image!!

Rose said...

fantastic card, love the bee :) and congrats on making the DT!!

~ Sophia ~ said...

Oh... this is simply beautiful!